Monday, May 23, 2011

Another Update

I've passed 90,000 words in The Homunculus.  That's 10,000 words since my last post on 6 May, which is 17 days, which is an average of 588 words a day.

Wow, that sucks....

This book has been like pulling teeth.  I'm enjoying the way it's turning out, but hoo, man, it's been fighting me!  The Battle Sylph took me a month to write.  I have no idea why (but I wish that always happened).  Each successive Sylph book took longer to finish, to the point where book 4 took 9 months to write (book 4 does take place before book 5, but I wrote book 5 first).

I actually started writing The Homunculus on 1 Feb 2010.  It REALLY fought me then until I had to put it aside for about 6 months or so until I figured out how to rework the plot.  Good thing I didn't have a contract for it (still don't) as that would have really made me nervous.

My all time record for writing a book is for one called Hunting the Rapture.  It's up at about a dozen houses right now for sale.  It's 511 typed pages, over 200,000 words, and took me four years to write.  That one was written back when I wrote everything out longhand.... took years to get me to actually type stuff straight into a computer, so I don't think that record will be broken....I hope.

2 comments:

  1. it doesnt seem like its reached writers block yet! so keep that chin up! I wish I could do what you do. I know (and hope) that you write because you enjoy it!! But fortunately enough for me and many many others what you enjoy also brings me joy!
    Yay books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I very much write because I enjoy it. :) I edit and reedit and reedit some more because I have to. :) But writing is something I love.

    ReplyDelete