Saturday, March 2, 2013

Almost there now

Well, I haven't signed the contract just yet, but Amazon's offered to buy THE SYLPH HUNTER, which is book four of my sylph series. Depending on how well it does, they'll buy more. We tried for a three book deal, but as far as Amazon is concerned, I'm untried to them, so they want to make sure I'm worth it. Eek, no stress there. :D

I don't know how Amazon does it just yet, but when I was with Dorchester, it was a good year from a contract being signed to the book hitting the shelves, so THE SYLPH HUNTER won't see bookstores until 2014. Sorry about that. Theoretically the first three will be coming out again in 2013, and Amazon will be doing some promotion of them. So that will hopefully mean more sales, and more interest when THE SYLPH HUNTER comes out. The more I sell, the happier everyone will be.

For the first time in my life, I'm getting regular royalty statements and I'm selling at a steady rate, but I have no frame of reference to know if it's considered a good amount or piddly, and I'm somewhat afraid to ask. :) But the more of book four I sell, the sooner Amazon will be willing to take a chance on five and six, as well as anything else I write, so tell your friends, I guess.

Book Six, btw, which I'm still calling THE LONELY SYLPH is already over 17,000 words, and would progress even faster if I could get off Tumblr or stop painting. Also if I didn't spend a sickening amount of time at my day job every day. Heh.

Speaking of painting, here, have a picture.



8 comments:

  1. Very exciting news, even if it will take a while for things to happen. Yay!

    Have you ever seen Brenda Hiatt's Show Me the Money? Advances, royalties, earnouts... there's a lot of info. http://brendahiatt.com/show-me-the-money/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thank you for this. It clears a lot of stuff up. I appreciate it. :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations!! Hurry up 2014! May have to buy new copies of the first three due to rereads. Nice painting,what is in the tree?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's either a knot or a dryad. Your choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think imma go with the dryad. Lovely Artwork, she must be waiting for a man to come along. xD
    On a more exciting note, I cant wait! Seriously, but ill force myself for now. Keep up the great work !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely loved your series and I keep checking back to see when you're coming out with more. I can't wait for the next book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I appreciate it. :) Looks like 2014 for the next sylph book right now.

      Delete